When it is cold or snowy/rainy in Central Iowa, parents, and children are always on the hunt for places to play indoors! So what do we do now? Where do we take the kids to keep them entertained and from driving us crazy? Well, here are some Indoor Places for Kids in Central Iowa that you can check out:
- Valley West Mall – Walk around, Play in the Kid’s Area, Eat at Chipotle, Stop at the Des Moines Children’s Museum
- Jordan Creek Mall – Grab some Starbucks, Play in the Kid’s Area, explore Scheel’s and grab a sample of fudge, then go read some stories at Barnes and Noble.
- Merle Hay Mall – Bring some quarters for the little mechanical rides, play in the fun kid’s area, or pay to bounce at Hop-a-Lot.
- Barnes & Noble (University in WDM) – Grab some coffee and head upstairs to the kid’s area. Play with the train table, read on the stage and check out the toys.
- Pump It Up – Inflatable jumping fun for all ages.
- The Playground for Kids – Inflatable jumping fun and huge treehouse to make-believe in.
- The Science Center of Iowa – Educational and fun
- Climb Iowa – Burn Energy and gain confidence
- Chuck E Cheese – Games, games, games, and Pizza
- Valley Community Center – Coffee, Indoor play area for the kids, couches and warm fireplace
- Greater Des Moines Botanical Garden– Walk through the gardens and smell the plants.
- Des Moines Art Center – The Des Moines Art Center is an art museum with an extensive collection of paintings, sculpture, modern art and mixed media.
- Bass Pro Shop – Bowling, and feed the fishes in the giant aquariums.
- SkyZone Indoor Trampoline Park – Jump away all the energy.
- Get Air Trampoline Park – Another place to jump, jump, jump!
- Urban Air Adventure Park – Here your mini warriors can conquer obstacles, show gravity who’s boss, and have a blast seven days a week.
- Your Local Library – Stock up on books, music, and movies for free.
- Go, Bowling. Here are 4 places you can bowl with the little ones: Warrior Lanes, Val Lanes, Gameday Lanes, Great Escape, Air Lanes.
- Skateland or Skate South – Roll around the rink with your kids and relive your younger days
- Movie Theater – Catch a flick. Lots to theaters to choose from around Central Iowa.
Des Moines is filled with tons of options for kids! Go have some fun with them!
[wpadcenter_ad id=4875 align=’none’]